Early financial planning and savings discipline contributes to future financial success. Here are some "little" tips from Clearfield Bank & Trust for the little ones in your life.
- Start your Super Star Savings Account with your allowance, birthday money, or holiday gift money. With a Super Star Account children will receive an annual birthday card and "free" gift. This account is the first step in helping your child develop good savings habits.
Start Saving for College - By starting early, when a child is in preschool or before, you can build a realistic fund through the power of compounding over many years. The earlier you start, the less you'll have to save per month. Through Clearfield Bank & Trust you can access products designed to help you fund your child's higher education.
- Convenient Services – Conserve time, money and paper with Clearfield Bank & Trust’s convenient online banking, online bill pay and e-statements.
Tips for Effective Financial Management
- Set a savings goal and keep track of your child's progress.
- Allow your child to put your spare change into a piggy bank.
- Help your child to identify the different types of coins and bills.
- Help your child to understand the difference between a need and a want.
For help determining the best practices and products for sound and productive money management during your Pre-Student Life Stage, please contact us at 1-888-765-7551 or email us.
When you are 18, you may open a savings account on your own. Younger students may open checking accounts with a qualified co-applicant.